12.3.12

Balance Boy (B. Martin) Interview

It has been suggested by some of the more 'dated' Boules players that you need to hide behind the moniker 'Balance Boy' because you're somehow ashamed of your Boule heritage. What would you say about this?


I am in no way ashamed of my Boule roots. Balance Boy is more than just a name, it's an idea, a concept. My last season ended in spectacular controversy, I don't want to even think about it. Balance Boy is a reaction, symbolic, a Phoenix rising from the dirty ashes of 2011s Extreme Boule league. This isn't hiding, this is a rebirth.



What do you think about the general 'freshness' of the sport. Is this a concern of yours?

A concern? Absolutely not! I welcome the freshness and intend to seek out the freshest players to form a super faction where we will galvanise and harness our collective freshness to eradicate 'The Old Guard.' 

Do you have any thoughts about Moss' recent, ungentlemany outburst against you and some other of the sports more exciting players?

Panic fire. I imagine he feels incredibly threatened by the new kids on the block. His performances on the Boule pitch have been delightfully amateurish for someone blowing so much hot air. If I'm ruffling outdated feathers and getting a reaction that has to be a good thing. I think Moss has unfortunately become what every professional Extreme Boule player fears, irrelevant in the sport they hold so dear. I respect what he's done but he is of no serious concern to Balance Boy.

How confident are you about your chances at the trophy this year?

When I play I believe I have the ability to win every match. I'm no fool though, there's some great talent out there this season. To win would be incredible but I'd settle for mixing things up and causing a stir whilst maintaining a top 3 spot.

Thanks, It's been a pleasure learning about you today.

Balance boy doesn't answer. He tilts his head to the side and stares straight through this Boules Reporter....

No comments:

Post a Comment