15.3.12

Exclusive Interview - Gwenllian Thomas


"I disappoint only myself "

As the 2012 season heats up, we sent our reporter to meet experienced Extreme Bouler Gwenllian Thomas. Gwenllian has a rich boule history, having been there at the birth of the sport, playing against boule giants such as Jean Baptiste Gressier, James Perrot and Darren Woolridge and also becoming the first woman player in the sport! In this exclusive, hard hitting interview, we discover Gwen's thoughts on Extreme Boule in the year 2012, Crwbanod and, of course, her take on current World leader Pippa Cox....

Gwen, as an esteemed Boule pro for a number of years what's your view of the sport in 2012?
Olympic year means that every player in the history of the game will want to make this the best year yet – more extreme, more players, more Hot Moss action for the housewives watching at home.

Is there much rivalry between yourself and your Ham house Extreme boule training partner Kate? She finished 9 places above you in 2011, that's got to sting, right?
The nobility of Gressier flows in my veins so I bear no grudges. Grudge bearing has become the scourge of modern Extreme Boule. I just want to improve my performance. I disappoint only myself.

You've met the near mythical Jean Baptiste Gressier. What are your memories of that time?
Sunshine, wine, University Hall and an endless summer of championship play.

Owning a dog improves your boule technique. Discuss.
Ball throwing for Borders = Boule Brilliance

What pioneering boule move would you bring to the table layed out for 2012?
That would be telling!

How important a role do Crwban play in the Extreme Boule world?
Crwbanod are a vital factor in all things. Never underestimate them. I believe that the time will come when a Leatherback Turtle can rise above the surface of the sea and become Extreme Boule World Champion.

Pippa Cox is currently world number one. There's never been a female champion. Have got your sights on the World title?

I just want women to finally put their mark on the sport. Go Pip!

Finally, single stripe, double stripe or triple stripe boule pattern?
I prefer double, triple is ok, but single stripes make me sick. They bear the mark of misfortune for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment